Sunday, July 7, 2013

God bless America!

I love this country.  I didn't always, though.  I was raised mainly overseas, attending international schools, where there tends to be a lot of anti-American sentiments.  And I fell for it.  I thought that Americans were loud and obnoxious and ignorant of world affairs, and it's true that we can be quite conspicuous while traveling in other countries.  But Americans are very friendly and outgoing, which I now appreciate as a good thing.

People talk all the time on the fourth of July about how grateful they are for the freedoms we enjoy in this country.  I echo this.  I am thankful that we live in a nation where there is freedom of religion.  Only in this free land could Jesus Christ appear to Joseph Smith and restore the fullness of His gospel on the earth.  And it was difficult even here, but it could only happen in a place where the law was on Joseph's side.

I am grateful to live in a nation where almost anyone has access to good education.  People come from all over the world to the USA to get educated because it is quality education that is pretty easily available.  

I am grateful to live in a nation with leading medical research, where I have access to the most advanced medical care and treatment.

I am grateful to live in a land with freedom of speech, where I will not be punished for anything I say on this blog.  I can think for myself and discuss these thoughts openly, without fear.

I am grateful to live in a beautiful country that I love exploring.  I have visited 36 of the 50 states, and they are each so different and beautiful.

God Bless America,
Land that I love. 


Stand beside her, and guide her


Thru the night with a light from above.

From the mountains,


to the prairies,

To the oceans, white with foam


God bless America, My home sweet home.


2 comments: