Monday, July 1, 2013

Bicycle Fun!

I hate exercising.  I listen to many of my friends talk about how much they love running and how good it feels.  I don't buy it, haha!  I HATE running.  It hurts.  I get all sweaty and hot.  I just don't like it.  My preferred forms of exercise are swimming (no sweat), pilates (the non-intense kind), and bicycling! 

This weekend we hitched up the bicycle trailer and went for a couple of bike rides with the whole gang.  It was so much fun!  We did one shorter ride to one of our favorite ice cream shops, where N tried her first ice cream cone.  She has eaten ice cream plenty of times, but she had never had it in a cone and it was fun teaching her how to eat it.




We also went on a longer ride, 7.6 miles to be exact, along the coast.  It was a tad too long, especially with a numb leg, but still fun.  It was a warm day, so it was good to get out of our un-air-conditioned house and have the wind in my face.  And it is always cooler on the coast.  It was such a fun family activity.





The family that plays together stays together!

1 comment:

  1. This totally makes me want to get a bike. It's great that you have a few different types of exercise that you enjoy! I was a definite Hater when it came to running, and after 6 months of getting into it I finally enjoy it a little more. But who usually has 6 months of patience to start to like something? haha

    ReplyDelete