Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dinner of Surprises

Date night last night was all about surprises!  First we went to the Dollar Store and we each had $1 to spend on something that we thought the other would like.  It was hard to find just the right thing, and it was hard to choose, but this is what I settled on for my hubby:


I brought two gift bags with us so we put the items in gift bags and then we went to dinner.  This part was my husband's job.  He took us to this gorgeous, classy Italian restaurant up in the mountains close to where we live.  It was so lovely.  Then we ordered what they called the "Chef's Choice Dinner for Two."  It was a 5 course meal for two people for $65 where the Chef gets to choose what you eat.  The waiter asked us if we had any allergies or dislikes or preferences, and we just told him that we love seafood.  It was SO fun to be surprised every time he came out with a dish!

While we waited for our food, we opened our surprises.  He loved his Cracker Jacks and he got me Piroulines!  I love that we both got food...great minds think alike!


Then our food came!  First the chef made shrimp bruschetta.  YUM.  Then the chef made us a Seafood Salad that was to DIE for.  It was incredible.  My favorite part of the night I think, but not by much because it was all amazing.  It had calamari, shrimp, and scallops on top of lettuce and brunoised carrots and onions and had a citrus vinaigrette dressing

 
Next they brought out mushroom ravioli with parmesan cheese and fish with capers and roasted vegetables.


And last, but not least, they brought out custard with a strawberry wine sauce (the alcohol had burned off, of course).  Divine.  That's all I can say.  I'm sad I didn't get a picture of everything.  It was all presented so beautifully.  Everything tasted so good, even the bread was incredible, and it made it even better that I was sharing it all with my favorite person.


Love him.  We talked the entire night.  There was never a quiet moment.  There must have been, because we ate A LOT, but I sure don't remember any.  It was so nice to have a break and get to go eat at a classy place without having to worry about kids spilling food or being too loud.  And to just feel like we were dating again.  He opened all my doors and seated me and everything.  So nice to be pampered once a week!  I am loving this weekly date night goal. 



1 comment: