Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014 Goals for ME

The other day I was teaching a lesson to the young women in our congregation about how they are daughters of God and they have great potential.  I told them that they need to set goals for their life and think about what they want to accomplish in their life.
Do they want to get a college degree?
Do they want to get married?
Do they want to have children?
Are there other things they want to accomplish?
Like..............
I wanted to give them examples of other things that they could accomplish and other things that I want to accomplish in my life.  But none came into my head.

For the past few years when New Year's rolls around we stay up til midnight and drink sparkling cider and celebrate, but I have been neglecting the goal setting aspect of it all.  I have had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind for a while that I need to start doing things that I enjoy and learn some new things, just be productive again.  I know that raising children is productive and I devote everything to them, but I'm not sure that is the right thing.  I want my children to see that their mother accomplishes things, likes to learn new things, and has personal goals and interests beyond them.

So.  Here are my PERSONAL goals for 2014.  I am going to start small.

1. Practice the piano for at least 10 minutes every weekday.
2. Make something for my 2 new nieces/nephews coming this summer!
3. Learn how to crochet.
4. Read at least one book a month.
5. Have someone new over for dinner once a month.

There, now you can all hold me accountable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment